Good working relationships
Conflict exists in every organisation and to a certain extent indicates a healthy exchange of ideas and creativity. However, counter-productive conflict can result in employee dissatisfaction, poor service to service users, absenteeism and more.
It is however simple to avoid conflict in the workplace and prevent conflicts from becoming important issues.
Our Workers Compensation insurer QBE has shared their Talk It Out process – simple steps to follow that will assist you with prompt self-resolution of an issue.
Here are the steps to achieve an agreement:
The Talk It Out process will help you:
- Clarify the issue by reflecting on what it is that upset you and why it has affected you in this way
- Take some time to let your emotions ease a little and allow you to consider the situation more calmly
- Organise a meeting with the person concerned
- Have the conversation with the person
- Come to an agreement – identify options together to deal with the issues, decide what to do and by when
Read the full Talk It Out process.
Access the QBE website now.
Got a question?
Email us at email@example.com.